1. Replace windows. Fall and Spring are great seasons for replacing windows in your house due to seasonal temps. You don’t have to worry about your AC or heater kicking on non-stop in an attempt to keep your home comfortable. Many of us have our windows open during these seasons anyway! Click HERE for some great advise on install replacement windows.
2. Clean gutters. Gutters and downspouts should be checked and cleaned regularly during fall. ‘Tis the season for falling leaves, after-all! You might even consider installing gutter guards. It could save you lots of time and energy in the future. Click HERE for a great tutorial.
3. Roof. Fall is the perfect time to have your roof inspected. If you have any damaged or missing shingles or damaged flashing you’ll want to get them replaced before winter hits. Want a great roof inspection checklist? Click HERE.
5. Insulate Your Home. From a little caulking, to easy to install weather strips, to loose fill – insulating your home can spell big savings in the long run. Do it before winter hits! Click HERE for some great information.
6. Install Ceiling Fans. It might sound contradictory, but you can save on your heating bill by turning on your ceiling fans. The trick is to run them in reverse. Your goal is to circulate warm air. There are a few things to keep in mind before you install ceiling fans in every room, however. Click HERE for more information.
Do you have some other great fall project ideas? Comment and let us know!